Accurate business data is crucial for successful business operations. If production data is erroneous or applications are not thoroughly tested during pre-production phases for a complete range of production conditions, applications will fail and business revenues will undoubtedly be affected.
InSync™ is a comprehensive file and data management solution designed to provide fast and easy access to the business data used by key mainframe applications. It provides an extensive and flexible approach to data management with an easy-to-use interface.
InSync™ can help users correct erroneous data, create and pull together test data from multiple sources, including DB2® and IMS™ data as required, and enables users to create, move, convert, reformat and validate the business data.
InSync™ Key Features
Installing InSync™ provides a number of essential benefits. These include:
- ISPF-like screens to accelerate the testing process and provide a familiar user environment.
- Extensive auditing capabilities.
- Comprehensive on-line help which helps keep training overheads down.
- Interactive data manipulation with full support for COBOL and PL/I copy books to map.
- Easy online creation of batch jobs to execute InSync™ facilities.
- Comprehensive search and selection facilities.
- Extensive file utilities for listing, allocating and manipulating VSAM and other file formats.
- Read-only and in-storage editing for greater control of data.
- XML output generation in ASCII or EBCDIC from datasheets and copybooks.
- Simplified DB2 and IMS management to reduce dependence on Database Administrator resources.
- Facility to target multiple DB2 tables in a single operation and eliminate task duplication.
- Facility to use standard system software interfaces that don't use any system intercepts or SVCs, and therefore does not require authorised access.
The InSync™ suite of products also includes:
- InSync™ for IMS Online, a general-purpose data manipulation utility for the IMS/DC environment.
- InSync™ DBA, which manages the DB2 Catalog.